Vegan and Gluten Free Sushi Rolls
Write a review
- 3 cups sunflower seeds
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4-1/2 cup raw tahini
- 1/4 cup liquid amino's, or 2 tablespoons nama shoyu, or pinch of sea
- salt with add'l water, or none at all
- 2-4 slices red onion, cut in chunks
- 4-6 tablespoons coarsely chopped parsley
- 2-3 medium cloves garlic, coarsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 package Nori Sheets
- Liquid Aminos (Spray Bottle)
- 1 Cucumber, julienne
- Sunflower Sprouts
- 2 carrots, julienne
- 1 zucchini, julienne
- 1 red pepper, julienne
- To make the filling: In a food processor, process the sunflower seeds, lemon juice, scallions, tahini, liquid amino's, onion, parsley, garlic and cayenne until the mixture is a smooth paste.
- When thoroughly blended taste and adjust the seasoning. The pâté will develop a stronger garlic taste in a few hours. Yields a large mixing bowl of pâté. (approximately 8 cups)
- Place a nori sheet on your rolling mat and spread 1 cup of the pate evenly over the nori by pressing with wet fingertips, leaving a 1-inch border at the far edge.
- Arrange small portions of your chosen fillings (in this case, your favorite vegetables) on top of the pate in a horizontal line down the center.
- Roll up the sushi tightly with the sushi mat to form a neatly packed cylinder (like a fat cigar).
- Squeeze firmly to make sure the sushi roll is tightly packed (be careful not to squeeze too hard or you'll break the sushi roll).
- Cut each sushi roll into 1½-inch rounds using a sharp, damp knife (it's important that you re-moisten the knife after each cut). Dip in Liquid Aminos. Enjoy!
The Belly Fit Club https://thebellyfitclub.com/wordpress/