Beet, Walnut, Goat Cheese Salad
Write a review
- 1 pound beets
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 TBS red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 TBS olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon, minced
- 3 oz. raw goat cheese (optional)
- 1. Combine the minced shallot in a small bowl with the red wine vinegar. Allow to marinate while you prepare the beets.
- 2. Peel raw beets using a carrot peeler. Shred using a the shredding blade on your food processor. You can also grate them by hand using a hand held box grater.
- 3. Continue making the dressing by whisking in the mustard and olive oil into the vinegar and shallot mixture. Season with sea and pepper. Toss shredded beets, walnuts, and herbs in the dressing. Top with crumbled goat cheese.
The Belly Fit Club https://thebellyfitclub.com/wordpress/