Enjoy this with our delicious Banana Bread!
A great healthy alternative to traditional Eggnog.
Write a review
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar or 2 squirts stevia
- 3 cups Pacific Brand Hemp Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of himalayan sea salt
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- 1-2 oz bourbon, cognac, or brandy, to taste (optional)
- 1.2 oz. rum, to taste (optional)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, or in the Vitamix on the lowest setting, beat the eggs and sugar until fluffy. Set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan over low/medium heat, combine the hemp milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Heat until steaming, stirring occasionally. Do not it boil!
- 3. Slowly temper the egg with the hot milk mixture over the egg yolks. To do this, carefully pour the hot milk mixture over the egg mixture while whisking continuously to keep the eggs from scrambling. Once mixed return the mixture to the saucepan.
- 4.Cook over medium-low heat until the mixture begins to thicken slightly, stirring constantly and scraping the bottom of the pan to prevent scorching. Do not let it boil!
- 5. Remove from the heat and and stir in coconut milk, vanilla extract, and liquors (if using).
- Chill in the fridge for at least a couple of hours, or overnight, before serving. Stir well and serve. 🙂
The Belly Fit Club http://thebellyfitclub.com/wordpress/