“Don’t eat anything your great-great grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food. There are a great many food-like items in the supermarket your ancestors wouldn’t recognize as food.. stay away from these” ~Michael Pollan
Has your diet hit a plateau? The problem might be in your kitchen, but the solution is easier than you think…
Here are 5 easy steps you can do today.
1. Get rid of Obesogens and replace with natural alternatives.
2. Remove all the food from your kitchen and place it on the dining room table.
3. Thoroughly clean your kitchen, including the cupboards and inside the fridge.
4. Discard or give to your local food bank all packaged goods that are non-food items.
You know, the stuff that has been lurking in your kitchen like sugar free hot cocoa, bullion cubes, crackers, chips, and other scary stuff. If you must save certain foods for your guest then create shelves in your cupboard and fridge for them.
****NOTE****This is a great time to do a 1-Day Juice Cleanse!
5. Segregate your fridge into four categories:
starches, flesh and dairy, raw nuts and dried fruits, and neutral or “other” products.
This is a great way to prepare your kitchen to set yourself up to be successful in living a healthy lifestyle.
Once you have Detoxed your kitchen of all temptations and non-food items keep it simple and stocked with real food. Having healthy food available at all times is the first step in living a healthy lifestyle. This is the secret to living lean, feeling and looking great, and full of energy at any age!
Here is a simple grocery list providing the foundation foods we should have in our kitchen at all times.