Raw Vegan Bread
You'll need a food dehydrator for this one.
Write a review
- The "Bread"
- 1 cup carrot juice pulp
- 1/3 cup green pulp (celery or cucumber would be ideal)
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp flax oil
- ¼ cup raisins or dates, packed
- 1/3 cup water (if needed)
- Begin by blending the first five ingredients in a food processor until well mixed. Add the raisins and pulse until they’re well incorporated.
- Next, drizzle in water until the mix is clumping together – just as you would make any bread in a processor. Don’t use it all if you don’t need it – you don’t want an overly sticky consistency. (You could also do this by hand, it’ll just take some extra time.)
- Roll the “dough” out onto a wooden board. You’ll probably need to oil the roller and board for this. Cut it into rectangles (mine yielded five sizeable ones).
- Turn on your dehydrator, and set it to 115 degrees. Put the bread onto a Paraflexx-lined dehydrator tray, and place the bread in the machine. Dehydrate for about one hour, and flip the bread. Dehydrate for another hour and a half. Then, flip the bread again, and dehydrate for thirty-forty minutes, or until the bread has reached a consistency you like. I was aiming for a soft, yet sturdy texture, and it’s exactly what I got!
- Remove the bread from the dehydrator. If you’re not eating it right away, but it in an airtight container and store in the fridge (should keep a few days). Or, go ahead and whip up a raw sandwich!
The Belly Fit Club http://thebellyfitclub.com/wordpress/